Last updated 2 years ago
These are the 35 streets that originally made up Nottingham
The entrance to Drury Hill (previously known as Vault Lane) can be seen behind the group of women in this picture from the late 19th or early 20th century taken at the junction of Middle Pavement (left) and Low Pavement (right), viewed from Bridlesmith Gate.
See old photos of Carrington Street before the Broadmarsh Centre was built
Another photo showing the Walter Fountain, before it was demolished. This was taken in 1947 from Lister Gate, looking north from the junction with Broad Marsh towards Low Pavement and showing Woolworths, The Sawyers Arms and Marks and Spencer.
Log In or Sign Up to View
The site of Nottingham’s Maid Marian Way in 1959, before the creation of the dual carriageway running uphill to Derby Road. The Cathedral Church of St. Barnabas spire can be seen behind the soon-to-be-demolished warehouse. The Royal Children pub, with The Salutation behind, are on the right.
Cave App and Trail - Visit Nottinghamshire
Beneath Nottingham Castle, there is a labyrinth of man-made sandstone caves and tunnels that are strongly related to the famous legends of Robin Hood, who was said to use them to escape the Sherriff of Nottingham. Now you can go deeper into Nottingham’s network of man-made caves than ever before, thanks to the brand new Nottingham Caves App.
Nottinghamshire history > The History of Mansfield (1894)
Rock Houses - ...'There are old legends that assert these places are of the same age as those at Nottingham, and that, when Sherwood Forest existed in all its glory, they were used as homes for the outlaws—in short, that Robin Hood and his merry men occupied them. '