Queen's Royal Regiment (West Surrey) Cap Badge. The Queen's Royal Regiment (West Surrey) was a line infantry regiment of the English and later the British Army from 1661 to 1959. It was the senior English line infantry regiment of the British Army, behind only the Royal Scots in the British Army line infantry order of precedence. In 1959, the regiment was amalgamated with the East Surrey Regiment, to form a single county regiment called the Queen's Royal Surrey Regiment
Regiment of Foot (King's Own), Cartridge Box Badge, c. This is interesting as the buttons and belt plate for this unit bear the Roman numeral "IV" but the box badge is an Arabic This mixing occurs in other regiments also.